Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 14, 2008

Get your blog on!

Dang. I really see the error of my blogging ways today. Yesterday, Ted (the web man) explained to me the correct way to do this. Now, I see what I have been doing wrong. Sh#@!
Well, we only lost a couple days worth. I'll get us back on track. So far, I've been compelled to talk about the demise of Origen Financial. I found out early this morning that they will no longer accept applications or write any new loans for manufactured homes. Bad news indeed... Origen was one of the biggest chattel mortgage lenders in the whole country! This is going to have a nasty ripple affect across the manufactured home industry. There are hardly any lenders in place as it is. Now, one less. Two years ago, Greentree Servicing backed out of the arena. They were also one of the big boyz in the business. Without 2 giants in the chattel lending market, even tougher times lie ahead. Land lease communities are sure to take the biggest hit from this one. Without financing, buying is difficult. Hard to argue that fact. Only a very small percentage of buyers are walking around with cash in full ready to go! What are we supposed to do? As a retailer, we can adjust our target market. Black Hawk Homes has already done that. As a matter of fact, we started doing it long before there were so many problems with the chattel lending. The parks, however, are stuck. Unless they want to change over... Thats kind of a pain in the butt, though. Its not an overnight thing. Ah well, enough said. We're doomed...
: (

No comments:


Fun in the sun!